Books written by Anita Perez

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Welcome!

As originally published at http://anita4peace.wordpress.com/

Last week I was officially nominated for service in the Peace Corps. With a stack of application paperwork under my belt and the next stack in FedX limbo, the month of August taunts me through my peripheral vision.

A friend asked me a very good question: “If you get a fabulous job offer between now and August, will you say ‘no’ to the Peace Corps?” I didn’t have to think very long before responding, “I’ve had fabulous job offers before. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity.” Though she did not ask the next question, I read her mind in the way that girlfriends do and responded, “And if I meet a wonderful man who sweeps me off my feet between now and August, no, I will not say ‘no’ to the Peace Corps. I’ve been swept off my feet before and I believe that I will be again. This is one of those unique moments in time when a dream like this can come true.”

It is my honor to invite you to join me as I blog my way through this leg of my adventure. Welcome to my Pre-Peace Corps blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment